Friday, January 30, 2009

Carsons 12 month checkup

So Carson went to the doctors last week for his 12 months check up. I was one of the first appointment after lunch so I did not have to wait long. So his stats are:

Length - 33 inches (90%)
weight - 22 lbs 10 oz (40%)
Head - i don't remember the number, but is still small (40%)

Carson is as healthy as a horse. He is advanced in his motor skills and very strong. The doctor said that children who are advanced in motor have the their speech come later than normal. So that made me feel better about Carson. He does a lot of babbling and pointing towards things, you just cannot understand him. Oh well that will come with time. He did get 2 shoots and was the little trooper. He cried for about 2 minutes and then was ready to play. Later that night he was very clingy and whinny. So it looks like Carson is going to be tall and skinny. The perfect body for basketball or football :) wishful thinking.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Yeah, Wendy, we have tough competition with Landon and Addy who were talking up a storm! Don't worry, Macey still doesn't say anything past maybe toys and baby and cuckoo for cookie. My oldest boy didn't say anything till he was 21 months, but then it came out in full sentences. Carson is just fine! Go basketball player!

Anonymous said...

I love taking my kids to doctor's appointments and seeing what their stats are. (Except my girls are always scrawny in weight.) I'm glad Carson is so healthy and was a brave man with the shots!

Mel said...

I love seeing wehere my kids are on the scale. They are usually 90% or so across the board, escept that one time when Sara's head was off the charts. I dream of babies with small heads. So far no luck. But it looks like Carson really does take after you and Matt. Tall and Skinny.