Thursday, September 24, 2009

Driving Pet-Peaves

So as I was driving to work the other night, I noticed some things that really bug me about driving. I thought I would share them with you. (Mind you I am not a perfect driver and I have been guilty of doing the things mentioned. )

1- I really, really don't like being suck behind one car (making me #2 in line) when that car is going straight and I need to turn right. Most of the time I cannot get past them to turn, so I have to wait for the light to turn green in order for the car to move forward so I can turn. This almost always happens to me when I am on redwood road trying to turn onto 35 south. I get really frustrated having to wait. I think they should leave the right lane clear for those that are turning right and those going straight can get over into the right lane after the light. (only in my perfect world)

2- It really, really bugs me when people are turning left on a red light and I have a green light to turn left. I end up spending some of my green light turn time waiting for those people to drive threw who think that where they need to go is more important than my destination. I think that there should be a two second time period where all lights are red for those to finish driving threw. Then I and the cars behind or in front of me can use all of the time allowed on a green left turn arrow.

Basically I much prefer driving at 5 am when they are no cars on the road. I have gotten used to that so I tend to get frustrated more often now when I drive during rush hour.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wendy! I'm hoping you remember me from the good old days of Macey's! I was blog surfing/stalking:) on Anne-Marie's blog and came across your link.
What a cute little family-your kids are adorable! And you look so happy!
It was great to see what you have been up to the last four years- it seems like forever since I left Logan and you and Matt where just newly married.
I have a blog also if you want to check it out- but it's not as intersting as yours. I don't have any cute kids (other than neices and nephews) to post about! (www.lisa-lisar.blogspot.com)
Hope you are doing well!
Lisa Roberts

Mel said...

OH, I hate stupid drivers! And I really hate driving in Salt Lake. I much prefer my little home town where four cars is a traffic jam!