Tuesday, March 10, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT

So today is Matt birthday. I would say how old he is, but I don't know if he would appreciate that. Anyway, Matt took the day off from work and I only worked this morning. When I got home from work Matt made himself a nice big breakfast, while I and Carson took a nap. I know, I know I should have been the good wife who made the breakfast for him, but he was fine with making it and I really did need some sleep since I had been up since 4:30am. So I woke up and Matt was content on playing on the computer as his plan B. He did want to go golfing, but since it snowed that was no longer an option. So he played while I took care of Carson. Then we went to the mall to look at basketball shoes, but they did not have any in his size. He wears a size 14 and it is hard to find shoe for him.
We then dropped Carson off at a friends house while Matt and I went to Red Lobster for an early dinner/late lunch. Matt has always wanted to go their to eat, so his birthday was a great excuse. I don't like seafood, but Matt loves it. So he got his fill of seafood and I ate steak. It was nice to get out of the house and away from Carson ( who I love dearly) and enjoy some time with just Matt. We then picked Carson up and made a mad dash back home to watch the tip off for the Jazz. Matt wanted to watched the Jazz as part of his birthday so that's what we did. It was even better that they won. Now Matt is playing basketball at the church to top the night off. So I hope he had a great birthday and that he got to do the things he wanted to do. What he wanted for his birthday present was a nice, not to mention expensive, pair of basketball shoes. So he ordered them from the Nike website. He was especially excited that he could custom make them and have them look how he wanted them to.
So Happy Birthday Matt! I love you and am greatful for all that you do and that I get to spend eternity with you.

3 comments:

Condie Family said...

guys are so funny! What they like to do on their birthdays...glad he enjoyed his day!

Russ and Em said...

What a fun birthday. Don't worry we all understand the joys of being away from the kids we love.

Mel said...

Happy Birthday. And never feel guilty for enjoying time away from the kids. It makes you better parents!