Sunday, March 22, 2009

NEW CAR!

Matt and I have been in the market for a new vehicle for well over a year. We knew what we wanted in the vehicle, it was just a matter of what make and model. We wanted an SUV to handle our growing family and to travel comfortably. We liked the idea of being high up on the road and the safety a larger vehicle can give you versus a car. Well this past week my little Hyundai Accent had started to show signs of needed lots of work or retiring, which ever came first. So we started the search yet again to see what deals are out there. We looked at used and new cars and did many comparisons. We also had many talks of how much we could afford for a monthly payment. Both of our cars are paid for and we have not had a car payment for a couple of years. So I had a list of about 10 used cars that we could take a look at and then if we did not find anything we liked then look towards new cars. So on Saturday we packed Carson and ourselves up and headed to Layton to look at some cars. The first car that we looked at was a 2007 Chrysler Aspen 4x4 limited and the search ended. I was afraid that if we saw this one first, we would not look at any other ones and that is exactly what happened. We took it for a test drive and loved how it drove and handled. We talked about numbers because that was a main concern of ours. We wanted to know the monthly payment so we could compare it to other vehicles. Well after much talk and another test drive we decided to get it. It has low miles, the price is way below blue book, it has 3rd row seats, and many other features that we liked. We tend to drive cars for long periods of time, so we liked how it had low miles and room to expand our family without having to upgrade the vehicle later on in life. We don't have buyers remorse and are extremely excited to have a larger more reliable vehicle. It is going to take a while to get used to driving something so big when you have driven a small car for many years. We still have the accent and are now deciding what the best option is for the car. I am glad we have something that will last for a long time and that I don't have to worry about car shopping anymore. Its not my favorite.

4 comments:

Mel said...

Congrats. Give the Accent my love. I holds many memories!

Christina Olson said...

I'm so jeleous!! That is so exciting that you have a new addition to the fam (not including the babe-to-be). You need to post some belly shots! Miss you guys:)

Alicia Colon said...

Congrats on the new suv! I love the color by the way. If you ever decide you want a mini van instead let me know, we can trade. LOL Not an even trade I know but I do what I can.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! New cars are so much fun