Sunday, March 22, 2009

Carson story time

Carson is growing up so fast. I really like this age. It is very rewarding and hard at the same time. With spring in the air, we have been going on walks and playing at the playground. Carson loves playing in the sand box. He also likes to eat the sand. He also likes to poke the wood chips with a stick. It is fun to watch him explore and learn new things. When we are inside he points to the outside indicating he wants to go out. When we are outside and it is time to come in he throws a fit. I don't mind being outside, so I am glad he likes it.
Last Thursday we played in the sand box and when we got home he was ready to take a nap. I took his clothes off because they were full of sand and laid him in his crib with just a diaper on. Bad idea. When he woke up, I found the diaper on the floor and the sheets soaked in pee. Needless to say, Carson went straight into the tub and the sheets and blankets into the washier. I could not help but laugh. I did feel bad about Carson sleeping in his own pee, so sleeping in just a diaper will not happen again. Another learning experience for me.
On Friday night, all three of us were in our bedroom playing. I mentioned to Matt that his Rubik's cube was still under the bed. Matt tried to reach for it, but failed. The bed frame is only a couple of inches off the ground, so you cannot crawl under it and it is to heavy to be lifted. So he enlisted Carson to help him. He crawled under the bed and retrieved the Rubik's cube with ease. It was funny to watch. One of the many reason why to have children.
Tonight we needed to give Carson a shower due to sweet potato and bananas in his hair. So Matt hoped in the shower while I took care of Carson's dirty diaper. I got Carson all wiped up and he was crawling on our bed without a diaper on,(while I was finishing up dealing with the dirty diaper) only to pee where Matt sleeps. I handed Carson to Matt in the shower and tried to clean up the mess. I hope I was successful. We now will be putting our mattress pad on the bed tomorrow after it has air dried. Yet another learning experience for me.
I just love being a mom. I love the way Carson's face lights up when he sees me, the hugs he gives me when he gets really excited, the messy kisses and the countless little traits that he has.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Oh, the joys of motherhood! I love as they learn new things, and teach us new things as well. It's amazing to watch their minds work. He really is at one of my favortie ages. The world itself is fascinating to them.