Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter

We celebrated Easter on Saturday with my family. We went to my parents house to have a Easter egg hunt and dinner. My brother and his family came from tooele so every one was there except my dad who was in Denver. Matt and my brother went outside to hide the eggs for Carson and Caige (my nephew who is 2 1/2) to find. Cagie caught on to the concept quickly, Carson not so much. He would find eggs and then hand them to you. When he would get some in his basket he would shake it and they would all come out. It was fun and cute to watch. Towards the end he caught on to the idea, but still needed help finding the eggs. Caige would even find the eggs and put them in Carson basket for him. It took about 10 min for everything to be found. We went inside to open some of the eggs and Carson was more interested in the egg than what was inside. Then it was time for a nice dinner. Matt and I did not do anything this year for Easter, (I know were bad parents) but Carson did get things from my parents. I think being this young still he does not know the difference. Next year I will make sure we do something and also teach him why Easter is an important holiday to celebrate and remember.

2 comments:

Mel said...

I always takes a while to catch in tho the Easter egg hunt idea. But once they do it is fun to watch them. That's really cute that your nephew helped Carson, what a sweetheart.

Russ and Em said...

I don't blame you for not doing anything. We are like that too.