Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Still Pregnant

I went to the doctors yesterday for another check up and an ultrasound. The ultrasound is guessing the baby is around 8 lbs 14 oz. So she is big almost like Carson was and is still a girl. She does not have much room to move around and I can feel it. I did not get to meet with my doctor because he is out of town so I met with another doctor. I had to wait about 45 min before I got to see her. The interesting thing is their where not very many patients, so why it took so long I don't know. She was friendly and did a quick exam. She measured my belly, listened to the heart, and did an internal exam and that was it. It lasted about 5 min if that and then I was done. I am not dilated, but 50% effaced. So I went ahead and scheduled a c-section for wed May 27 @5:00 pm. I also scheduled another doctor apt for Tues with my Doctor for one finial exam. He said if I can be dilated to a 2 and 50% effaced then he would induce me. If not then we would stick with the c-section. So either way the baby is being born next week unless a miracle happens and I go into labor before. I have entered the swelling stage of the feet and ankles and having a harder time sleeping at night. I look forward to not being pregnant and having a newborn.
Matt and I are 99% sure of a name now, but we will make the decision finial when she is born.

2 comments:

Russ and Em said...

I was hoping that you had gone into labor when we didn't see you at the park for a few days. I hope that you can be induced next week, but I'm sure the c - section will be good too. Good luck!

Mel said...

I hope everything goes well. I hate the end, it seems to drag on forever. But at least you have a date to count down to. Why are you maybe going to have a C-Section, was Carson a C-Section? I can't remember. Either way, Good luck, Only six days left!