Sunday, October 25, 2009

Primary Program

Our primary program was given today and they did a wonderful job. I am very glad that it is done and I don't have to worry about it for another year. Luckily I have wonderful counselors and chorister to help make my calling easier. Our theme was "My Eternal Family" and all year long we talked about our families and returning back to our Heavenly Father. My stress level kept going up as this last week progressed. I worried about not having the children show up and them not sitting reverently while on the stand. I was amazed by how many showed up and how well they did. We have sacrament last and so while we were practising I was already starting to cry. Their were times during the program I would tear up and when it was my turn to talk at the end, I had to compose myself in order to talk. I thought it went extremely well. I really do love my calling and am grateful for it.

3 comments:

Condie Family said...

You did a fantastic job! The kids were way cute, your talk was great and tons of kids came! Way to go!

Mel said...

I'm glad it went well for you. I always look forward to the Primary Program in our ward. It really is the most Spiritual Meeting of the whole year.

Alicia Colon said...

I am very grateful for you and all your hard work, because I know when my kids are involved it is hard work. You are great! We love you Wendy! Love the pic of your adorable kids.