Monday, November 2, 2009

Boys Trip

A couple months back when my dad was in town, my brothers and Matt all talked about going to Denver to watch the Jazz first game of the season against the Denver Nuggets. They were able to plan the boys road trip and go watch the game. The Game was last Wednesday. So Matt and my brothers left Tuesday night and left just before the storm hit. They got to Denver about 2:30am and the last couple of hour driving, they were driving in snow. They woke up and chilled at my dad townhouse for the day. They went out to dinner before the game. They had 9th row seats across from the Jazz bench. Unfortunately the Jazz lost, but they all had a great time. On Thursday it snowed all day so they did not get to do much site seeing. They left Friday morning and got back into town around 5:30pm. Matt had a great time of not dealing with work or having to take care of the kids.
So for 4 days I got to experience what it is like to be a single parent. It was difficult at times, but it was not to bad. I took time off from work due to not wanting to get a babysitter @ 5am. I was able to get things done around the house and got some sleep. Both Carson and Makenzie were sick so we did not go out. We just stayed home and played. I was glad that Matt had a fun and safe trip. I was excited to see him and so were the kids. Since Matt was able to leave for a couple of days, we decided that Matt would take the kids to Logan to see his family and I would stay home so I could have a couple of days to myself. I think that is a fair trade. I sure am looking forward to that, but I sure will miss my family.

No comments: