Sunday, July 12, 2009

Makenzies Baby Blessing

We had Makenzies Baby Blessing on July 5th. We had family in town due to the holiday and thought that Sunday would be best. A couple of weeks earlier my mom found a box with my baby blessing dress and gave it to me. So we had Makenzie blessed in the same dress that I wore when I was blessed. I plan in keeping it to pass on if the time comes. She looked very cute in it.



Makenzie Rose Meldrum
She is 5 1/2 weeks old
Matt did a great job on the blessing. I had my mom write down what he said so she can read it whenever she wants to. Of course Carson started to cry when Matt started to talk. Thankfully a friend came and took Carson out in the hallway so I could listen to the blessing. We had a family picture taken afterwards while we all still looked nice. We went to my parents house to have a nice lunch and visit with everyone. When everyone left to go home and we came home I was very tired from such a long and busy weekend.


2 comments:

Mel said...

So sweet. And very cool that she wore your blessing dress. She is beautiful!

Shannon said...

That is really neat that she was able to wear your blessing dress! she is such pretty little girl! It was really great to see you at the reunion- I'm so glad that everything is going so great for you!