Sunday, November 29, 2009

Never any Time

Lots has been happening and I think to myself today is the day that I am going to blog and then the day is over. So finally some time to my self on the computer (Matt is into playing games computer games so I rarely get the computer at night once the children are in bed) to write.

Carson is still being Carson, all over the place. We have taken our gate down so he now goes up and down the stairs all day long. We keep our bedroom and hallway bathroom doors locked. So he can go into Makenzies bedroom and his own. He likes to go into Makenzies room and climb into her crib and play with the printer which is right next to her crib. He played with it so much one time that he changed the language setting and it took me awhile to change the setting back to English because I could not read the words. Also when Carson climbs into the crib, he does not know how to get so he waits for me to get him. I very clearly remember him climbing out of his crib causing us to convert his crib into a toddler bed at 17 months of age. He is obsessed with playing in the kitchen. He has to pretend to cook, bake, play with the dished in the sink and help himself to anything in the fridge. It is very cute at times and frustrating at times. I cannot wait until his birthday when he gets his play kitchen, hoping he would leave mine alone.

Makenzie is getting so big, she is 6 months old and is so close to crawling. She rocks back and forth on her hands and knees and get really frustrated that she can't quite move yet to reach those toys. She has started solid foods. She has been eating rice cereal for a month now and on Thanksgiving day tried sweet potatoes which she did not like. She has no interest in holding her own bottle and will give a smile to any who looks or talks to her. She has been unusually fussy the past couple of days and it makes us wonder if she has a tooth trying to come through.

Matt and I are doing well. Last weekend, Matt took the kids up to Logan to visit his family while I stayed home. I almost cried missing my kids, but it sure was nice having a clean house and not having pick up or cook. I must admit that I spent a lot of my time cleaning but I did get to do some fun things. I went to Quilted Bear, dinner and a movie "New Moon" with my mom on Friday and then did some shopping and made curtains for Makenzies room on Saturday. I was excited to see my family return home unharmed on Sunday night. Work for both of us has kept us pretty busy. I have been trying to get extra shifts to help pay for Christmas and matt has being trying to get a couple of hours of overtime each week.

Thats all for now. Hopefully I'll have time to download picture for all to see.

2 comments:

Mel said...

I'm glad everything is going well for you. It's crazy how life gets away from us and at the end of the day I have no clue what I did all day, but I know I was busy.

Becca said...

Ah, you should kick Matt off the computer at night so you can get some time in. That's what I do to Troy! Hee hee! Yeah, life is busy and you're always picking up. I know Macey is a tornado and I'm always picking up a disaster.